Version 2.0, last updated: January 1, 2020
Ironman Software Downloadable Software Product. Any Ironman Software Software Product that can be downloaded and installed on a device.
Ironman Software Website. Any website that is the property of Ironman Software.
Ironman Software Account. An account you create and which Ironman Software may use in communicating with you or providing Ironman Software Products to you, which contains your first name, last name, email address, and username. It is accessed via a username and password and can be used to manage your Personal Data.
Ironman Software Software Products, Ironman Software Downloadable Software Products, and Ironman Software Website may be collectively referred to as “Ironman Software Products“.
Personal Data means any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Why We Collect Data and What We Collect
We collect data for various reasons, such as:
- a) To provide you with software, services, or information.We may collect data which are required to provide you with the software, support, and services, including checking for license validation and updates, provision of support, reporting of issues and bugs, and other processing connected with the use of Ironman Software software, services, or information. We may use collected data in our development and testing of products and services. You explicitly fill in the data required for you to receive the software, support, or services, whether you purchase or use Ironman Software Products, use our support forums, sign up for an Ironman Software Account, register for a webinar, participate in a survey, and/or subscribe to receive marketing and/or technical information and content, or these data are collected in the course of use of Ironman Software Products. We may use third-party service providers, acting as data processors, to assist us in providing Ironman Software Products to you or in our operations. For example, we may use third-party service providers to provide data storage and backup services. With your consent, your Personal data may also be transferred to third-party service providers, acting as separate data controllers, who provide products and services complementary to Ironman Software Products (further data processing performed by these service providers is governed by their privacy policies). The legal basis for this data processing is performance of contract between you and us.
- b) To protect us from piracy and unlawful use of our software or services. We may collect data which are required to protect us from any piracy, unlawful, or unauthorized use of our software or services, or which are necessary to ensure the security of our software or services, including both data provided by you (see above) and data collected in the course of use of Ironman Software Products. The legal basis for this data processing is Ironman Software’s legitimate interest in protection from piracy and unlawful use of Ironman Software software and services.
- c) To improve our offerings based on usage.We may collect data based on your use of Ironman Software Products and services, and we do not associate these data with your name. We use these data to better understand the usage patterns of our products and the behaviors of our collective audience. At times we may share this information in aggregated anonymous form with third parties. Collection of data based on your use of Ironman Software Downloadable Software Products is done only if you permit it. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest in improving our software and services.
- f) To fulfil legal duties stipulated by accounting, taxation, and other laws. We may use and disclose your personal data where required by law, such as in keeping and disclosing our accounts, in keeping and disclosing our tax records, and in response to a court order, valid subpoena, or other legal process. The legal basis for this data processing is our compliance with our legal obligations.
You may object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes b) to e) at any time.
Categories of data involved in data processing include:
- email address,
- phone number,
- IP address,
- SSH public key,
- physical address,
- information about subscription and payments,
- data about usage of Ironman Software products and services,
- comments, voluntarily provided feedback, and any data provided in survey responses,
- data in issue reports pertaining to Ironman Software products and services.
Where appropriate, we will prompt you to give us your consent to the collection and processing of your data as described above. This may happen within Ironman Software Products, on Ironman Software Website, or in another environment set up by Ironman Software, always in a clear and conspicuous manner. You can manage your data and opt-outs as described in the Transparency section below.
Our products and services are not designed for and are not offered to children under the age of 13. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has submitted information directly to us, we will endeavor to delete the information from our systems.
We may share your data with certain third parties which help us provide you with Ironman Software Products or services, or to run our business, for example to providers of data storage and backup services. We may also share your data with individual representatives of your company.
Your personal data may also be shared with other organizations or individuals if we have obtained your consent to do so.
We may also share your data with certain third parties if we are obliged to do so under applicable legislation (especially with tax authorities or with other government bodies exercising their statutory powers) or if such sharing is necessary to achieve the purposes defined above (especially with government bodies or with parties harmed as a result of violations of applicable laws).
To secure your personal data, our products and services are designed with security and privacy in mind.
We encrypt your data in transfer and at rest where it is technically feasible. External web resources are protected by SSL encryption.
We review the processes of personal data usage before implementing them. This is done to minimize data usage and to make sure that you as the data owner is informed about the processing. When the reason for data storage expires, we remove your personal data from our servers or anonymize it for further usage. By the nature of the activity within which your data is collected, it may appear in datasets used for research. Before using the datasets for research or other purposes you are not informed of, we remove or anonymize your personal data in the datasets.
Data retention, withdrawal of approval, access to data and your rights
If at any time you choose to cease using Ironman Software Products, you may ask for your data to be removed from our servers by sending a request to email@example.com. After the data removal, we may keep pseudonyms of your personal data solely for a record about the data removal. Generally, we retain your data as long as we need to in order to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. We may retain your information if it is required to comply with legal obligations and/or defense in case of violation of Ironman Software Privacy Policies. We may also have copies of your information in application logs, weblogs, and/or backups made for security and support purposes. These backups will not be accessible as separately delineated information. We may store data pertaining to a customer or user for as long as they are entitled to a license or usage of Ironman Software Products. Further, we may keep the data to protect ourselves from damage in case of litigation in accordance with the current legislation. Please note, however, that you must retain a copy of all data that you have placed on our servers in the case of any loss; further, if you cease using our software and/or services, we will not be responsible for retention of any of your data.
You may manage your Personal Data in your Ironman Software Account, including opting out of certain kinds of data collection. You are responsible for the correctness of the Personal Data you provide to us. We expect you to check the Personal Data you provide to us and if any inconsistency takes place, update your Personal Data or report the inconsistency to Ironman Software.
As permitted by applicable law, EU residents may request a copy of the information that we hold about them. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a fee in accordance with applicable law for this service.
Moreover, as set out in locally applicable personal data protection law, you may have the right to: (i) request access to your personal data; (ii) request rectification of your personal data; (iii) request erasure of your personal data; (iv) request a restriction on the processing of your personal data; (v) request personal data portability; or (vi) object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right of access.You may have the right to obtain from us a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to your personal data. The information about personal data processing includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, etc. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. Further, you may have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification.You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data made complete, in particular by providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten).Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to delete your personal data.
- Right to a restriction on processing.Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to restrict the processing of your personal data. In this case, the respective personal data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to personal data portability.Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit these personal data to another entity.
- Right to object.Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data.
These rights can be exercised via the email address email@example.com.
You may also contact Ironman Software to get up-to-date information about your personal data processing and any personal data recipients.
Changes to this Policy